Back in February I talked about an online course I was taking on “unprocrastination” and one of the exercises was to create a new habit and stick with it for a month. The habit I chose was to come up with a potential blog topic for The Hot Iron every day for the month. If I thought of more than one in a day, then I would log them as well, but as an extra, not for the next day.
Now that we are at the end of March, you may be able to guess how well the course was for me overall! But I did stick to the habit, and as shown in the accompanying photo, I did log the topics. I was tweeting them with the hashtag #28d28bt but I found I was not able to find them all when I did a search on the hashtag – not sure why, so I curtailed the tweeting after a few days.
A List Of Ideas
At the end of February I had a list of 35 potential blog topics, or ideas. And they are just that – ideas. It will not be until I write a topic around it that it becomes a tangible blog post.
This is why I have chosen to share them here. Even if someone else takes the idea, they wouldn’t write the same thing as me. And I have to be honest, not everything I have written about has been a purely unique idea, though they have expressed my point of view which is certainly unique.
Here’s the list by day, and concluded with 7 extra ones.
- What is a gTLD and Why Should You Care?
- GiveBackBox Makes Donating Excess Easy
- Fever is my #RSS Reader of Choice and Here’s Why
- Nothing is Forever
- CentUp Offers Unique Profit Model For Bloggers
- OwnCloud Gives You Control Of Your Data With Style
- Rivet News Radio Offers Local News By Mobile App
- Odiogo Still Reads The Hot Iron To You
- My File Backup Strategy
- The Project I Didn’t Politically Work On
- Being Removed From It All And Thrown Back In
- We Spend Most Of Our Time Around Our Work
- How The Web Once Gave Me An Attitude Adjustment At Atlanta Airport
- Few Apps Leverage Promotional Opportunity With App Store Update Description
- High Demand For Winter Indoor Kids Play In Chicago
- Phone.com Is My Home Phone Service And More
- Why Don’t You Carry Business Cards?
- Everything I Learned About Management and Leadership I Learned Working In College Radio
- Hailo Taxi App Gets Me Around With No Worries
- 2 Things To Consider Before You Start Blogging
- Do We Need Better Stock Photos Of People Or None At All?
- Discover Offers App-Based Card Freeze For Better Security
- My College Internship Experience And Why I Don’t Care I Didn’t Get Paid For It
- Results of 28 Days 28 Blog Posts #28d28bt
- When The App Doesn’t Do It All For Complete Customer Experience
- Don’t Get Used To A Desk
- Procrastination And The Course On It I Am Catching Up On
- Have You Googled Yourself Lately?
Over the course of the month, I came up with 7 additional ideas.
- Cardmunch App Working Again And I Am Cautious On Its Use
- Dryv Dry Cleaning And Laundry Delivery Service Is What I’ve Needed
- When Is The Last Time You Exported Your Connections From LinkedIn?
- 5 Blog Post Topics from 2007 That Still Matter Today
- 3 Things Microsoft’s New CEO Must Do To Win With Mobile
- My Next Daily Activity Of One Task A Day for March #31d31t
- Build Web Content Management Systems Since 1997
Off To The Races – Both Sprints and Marathons
Looking back at the list, I feel I have a good set of ideas to work from not only in the near term but over the course of the year. Some of the ideas I have already used, and regular readers of The Hot Iron may recognize them. This is not to say this is all I will write about, but if I am every short for inspiration or simply want to use something good I already thought of, I will refer to this blog post. I like it so much I may do it next February as well, but I don’t want to get ahead of myself.
I welcome not only your thoughts and comments on this endeavor, but on the ideas I came up with and if you are interested in me writing on something. Don’t be shy – really.
This is from The Hot Iron, a journal on business and technology by Mike Maddaloni.
Blogging • Business • Social Media • Strategize • (0) Comments • Permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages